In response to ever-growing local staff development needs, The Group was formed in the August of 1994. This was in direct collaboration with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB), which still remains a strong stakeholder and supporter.
The aim is to provide a meaningful forum for open and unbiased discussion, whereupon a range of common staff learning and development needs might exist, in turn, providing local, high quality, cost effective solutions, designed to address these needs, both in the technical and managerial/administration context.
Typically, ongoing development requirements usually comprise:
- Business & Training Planning
- Business Improvement Processes & Evaluation
- Management, Leadership & Supervisory
- Pre & Post Graduate Development
- General Health & Safety, First Aid and Plant
- Craft & Technician Apprenticeships, including Commercial, plus Operational staff